Thursday 22 December 2011

snowflake




I was listening to another fantastic episode of This American Life the other day. As always it made me think I had spent the day talking with so many interesting people before I remembered it was me at midnight surrounded by chaos in my office/pram bay trying to crank out Christmas cheer. Any how there was a story about a Mormon town in Arizona called Snowflake. Great name made even greater by the fact it is named after the two men who founded it, Mr Snow and Mr Flake!! Can you believe it? To this day most of the people in the town are either Snows or Flakes. I just finished my batch of Christmas, Panforte. Sounds fancy, looks fancy, tastes fancy, easy as mixing a bowl with a wooden spoon to make but this year made even more fancy by rice paper snowflakes I punched out with a hole puncher. So easy so so fancy.

No comments: